Customer Service Information
SureMove’s aim is to offer a quality professional service. We do our best to ensure that you do not suffer any financial loss, distress, inconvenience or detriment due to our conduct but if you have a complaint about our service then this note sets out the procedure which we will follow in dealing with your complaint.
1. The Director with overall authority for the team which handled your matter will deal with your complaint initially and can be contacted by phone or written communication to our offices.
2. If the Director is absent at the time the complaint is made it will be initially handled by the alternative Director but will be passed back to the absent Director upon their return to the office.
3. If your complaint is made orally you may be requested to send a written summary of your complaint to the Director, receipt of which will usually be required before any action is taken.
4. Once we have received your written complaint we will acknowledge your complaint within 7 days of receipt. You may be asked to provide any additional information which supports your complaint.
5. Within 28 days of your initial letter to us (or receipt of additional information from you, if required) we will investigate your complaint thoroughly and impartially and write to you to inform you of the outcome of our investigation into your complaint and to let you know what action has been taken or will be taken (if any). Any such action will be dealt with promptly by us.
6. If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint you should contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ. T: 0121 503 2930 E: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website: www.legalombudsman.org.uk or www.officeforlegalcomplaints.org.uk. You should contact the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of our letter to you informing you of the outcome of our investigation (or within 6 months of you discovering a problem, whichever is the later). You may also refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman if we have not resolved your complaint within 8 weeks after we have received it. The Legal Ombudsman deals with service related complaints only. It will refer any conduct related complaints it receives to the Council for Licensed Conveyancers. Please note that unless it agrees there are good reasons not to do so, the Legal Ombudsman will expect you to allow us to consider and respond to your complaint in accordance with the procedure set out above before it will consider it.
7. Alternative complaint bodies such as Ombudsman Services exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such as scheme. We do not agree to use Ombudsman Services.
PLEASE RAISE YOUR COMPLAINT WITH SUREMOVE IN THE FIRST INSTANCE
Please note that we also carry out conveyancing transactions which are referred to us by various third parties, who are often paid a referral fee for making the recommendation. The amount of the referral fee varies, but the average is £125.00. This is paid by us and does not affect the estimate given. If this applies then we will advise you of this at the outset. This does not affect you whatsoever, at all times we remain independent of the introducer and work in your best interests.